Arise COVID-19 Response
Arise Church building is still closed.
For information about the 4 phases of church reopening, please check this document.
When church reopens, the following is the in-person Worship Protocol
Before Attending Sunday Worship at Church:
1. You must register to attend each time. Sign up at the church website on a week by week basis.
2. If you have more than one person in your household who will be attending, please sign up together on the same form. This will make it easier for the staff to make seating arrangements.
3. You will be notified when your registration is accepted.
4. Do not sign up if:
– You have tested positive for the coronavirus and have not been out of the isolation period according to instructions from your healthcare provider.
– You have been exposed to a confirmed positive Covid 19 case within the last 14 days.
– You are waiting for the result of a Covid 19 test.
– You have traveled out of state within the last 14 days.
5. If you have any of the following potential Covid 19 symptoms, do not attend worship even if you have registered: Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea.
6. Do not sign up if you cannot wear a mask covering continuously for the entire duration of the event including the fellowship time outdoors.
7. If you are in the high-risk groups for Covid 19 disease due to your age or your medical conditions, we strongly advise you not to sign up for the in-person service at this time.
8. Make sure your contact information is up to date in case church staff has to contact you.
Upon Arrival at Church:
1. Everyone must wear a mask covering properly, indoor, or outdoor on the church grounds. There will be no exception and this rule will be monitored closely and enforced. You will be asked to leave if you cannot follow this rule.
*Please note that masks with an exhalation valve, gaiters, and bandanas are not acceptable as mask coverings.
2. Everyone must keep a 6 feet distance from anyone outside of your own household, in addition to wearing a mask. For your reference, a 6 ft distance is approximately 2 arm’s length of an average adult.
3. Your temperature will be taken outside of the entrance.
4. You will be asked if you have any symptoms before you enter the church.
5. You will also be asked to sanitize your hands before entering.
6. No handshaking, hugging, elbow bumping, or any sort of physical contact.
7. Ushers will take you to your seat. Please do not get up to socialize. You should remain in the same seat during the entire service. You will be permitted to socialize outside once the worship is over.
8. No singing, chanting or shouting, or any sort of loud vocalization.
9. Wait for ushers to direct you to the exit at the end of the service.
10. You may use the bathroom, but please do not enter rooms or sections of the church that are closed or blocked off.
11. No eating or drinking will be allowed indoors.
12. You may take sips of your drink when you are outdoor as long as you are 6 ft away from anyone outside your household. Eating is not permitted.
After Attending the Church Worship:
1. It is your responsibility to notify the church office ASAP if you tested positive for Covid 19 after you have attended an in-person worship service.
2. If anyone attended the same service with you tested positive for Covid 19, church staff will contact you and provide you with as much detail as we can obtain and release. You should then contact your healthcare provider for your next step.
*Normally only those that are close contacts will need to be tested and stay in quarantine.
*The definition of close contact is a person who comes within 6 ft distance of the confirmed case for a total of 15 min. (That is why it is essential to not come within 6 ft of anyone to avoid being in close contact!)
Arise Pastors are available if you would like someone to talk to or you have any concerns and needs. Feel free to reach out via email, phone, WhatsApp, or Zoom.
Pastor Alan Leung: email@example.com
Pastor Daniel Tai: danielTai@arisechurch.us
Pastor Kathy Tse: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor Edmond Yeung: email@example.com
These are the channels we are using to communicate updates as the situation is changing quickly:
1) Email: If you have recently changed your email address or had previously unsubscribed from church emails, please let Irene Hung know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2) Chinese Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/arisefremont/
3) English Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/albraearise/
Arise weekly announcement is also available on our website.
Watch English Worship Stream
Watch Cantonese Worship Stream
COVID-19 and Shelter-in-Place Related Information
General Information on COVID 19
Home Isolation and Quarantine Instructions for People with Coronavirus-2019 (COVID-19) Infection and their Household or Close Contacts
Staying Well While Sheltering at Home: What You Need to Know
Stress Relief for Caregivers and Kids during COVID-19
Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
Message Addressing Anti-Asian Hate Crimes